95% Mortgages


The new 95% mortgage guarantee scheme was announced by the Chancellor in his March Budget. The Government is offering banks and mortgage lenders a guarantee for helping first time buyers purchase a property with only a 5% deposit.

A 95% mortgage is a loan for 95% of the property’s price. The 95% is also known as Loan to Value meaning you only need to raise 5% of the property’s value as a deposit.. For example, if you buy a house for £300,000 you will only need a deposit of £15,000.

With a 95% mortgage, you can borrow up to five times your salary, or combined salary if you are buying with a partner. Of course with any mortgage, you will be subject to the usual credit checks and affordability testing which is where our mortgage experts can help.

To find out more about this new scheme, speak to one of our experts now on 01628 507477 or book a free call or video appointment.


button first time buyers advice blog


Download our Free First Time Buyers Guide


Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

There will be no fee for Mortgage Advice. There may be a fee for arranging a mortgage. The precise amount will depend upon your circumstances, but we estimate it to be between £399 and £599.

Mortgage Required Ltd, Finance House, 5 Bath Road, Maidenhead, SL6 4AQ is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority reference 573718 at www.fca.org.uk.

The Financial Ombudsman Service is an agency for arbitrating on unresolved complaints between regulated firms and their clients. More detail can be found on their website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk